Driver Training Instructor
Arctic Response Driver Training is looking for professional drivers with experience in the trucking industry to train the next generation of drivers. We are seeking instructors who can teach:
- Class 1 M.E.L.T and E&E
- Class 3
- Air Brakes
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Instructing groups of students in a classroom and in-yard around the truck
- Driving with students to teach them shifting, backing, urban and highway driving
- Filling out and maintaining student paperwork and progress reports
- Collaborate with other instructors to continually improve our programs
- Experience professionally driving commercial vehicles. Preference is given to candidates with many years of driving or those who have driven across provinces or internationally
- Certified M.E.L.T instructors are greatly preferred. Candidates who are passionate about teaching may be considered to be developed into M.E.L.T instructors and are encouraged to apply!
- A high school diploma or GED is strongly recommended
What Arctic Response can offer you:
- A professional work environment which strives to deliver safe, and excellent training programmes well above minimum standards
- Use of modern, well-maintained, and clean vehicles and facilities for an excellent learning environment
- A collaborative work culture which encourages instructors to offer suggestions and feedback to make the best possible training package
- Opportunities to travel and train in remote areas for those looking for exciting new opportunities or challenges
- Arctic Response offers a wide range of courses spanning many industries, with many in-house subject matter experts. All Arctic Response staff have the chance to be cross trained in new fields to further develop your skills and courses you can teach
- Competitive wages and benefits for full-time workers
Arctic Response is a training company with over 20 years of experience training students across the country. Our excellent reputation and industry leading training packages are built on the work of our passionate and driven employees. If you share our passion for teaching, safety and elevating the standards of the industry, we would like to hear from you.
Submit your resume and get in touch!
Submit a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Instructor Application”. Please include past work references, driving experience your qualifications and certifications.